November 10, 2011:
THE LEADHEAD'S PENCIL BLOG:
I decided a better way to provide updates to the museum was in the blog format, so I started a new blog on November 7, 2011. Come on over and check it out!
A few of the pages on this website were posted in 2009, but the bulk of the original material for this website was posted from December, 2010 until March, 2010. The exhibits are constantly evolving as new discoveries come to light and new examples are found, so I thought it would be helpful for repeat visitors to have a page to consult to see what has changed since their last visit.
July 21, 2011
- Sheaffer "Skyboy": frames 9a and 9b added.
July 7, 2011
- Parker - revised frame 1 to discuss the "Lucky Lock" feature.
- Eversharp - a 14k "Command Performance" Skyline added as frame 35a
- Sheaffer - frame 11 updated with new examples.
July 5, 2011
- Eversharp, frame 33 - Skyline Presentation "barleycorn" changed to Skyline Presentation "Dart" in light of new research.
July 4, 2011
- Craig - mandarin yellow example added
- Tubit - full size example pictured; link to Swanberg suggested
- Apex Products Corp. - new article
- Phoenix - new article
- Houk Adding Pencil Co. - new article
- Colonial - new article
- New examples added to pages for Supremacy, American, Eagle (frame 5), Eggens Hambler, Gold Bond, Welsh, Mabie Todd
- Belmont - Eagle Magnum Pointer marked "Belmont" added
- Selfeed - page renamed Kemper Thomas after discovery of example with box and papers
- Eversharp - "Giant Bantam" pencil added at Frame 11b; frame 36 reshot to add demi example in grey moire
June 16, 2011
- De Witt-La France - DeLaCo added
- Diamond Point - article updated
- Nassau - new photo with additional examples.
June 15, 2011
- Osborne - article completely rewritten in light of new research.
June 14, 2011
- Sheaffer - reshot pictures for frames 2, 2b, 9 and 13; some text modified
June 13, 2011
- Automet - new article
- Chase-lite - new article
- Havalite - new article
- Neldun - new article
- Rolin - new article
- Ronson - new article
- Stewart - new article
- Lite-O-Rite - see Ronson
- Write-Lite - see Chase-Lite
- Eversharp - revised frames 11, 11a and 21
- Eagle - added a "drop pencil" to frane 1.
- Good Service - new examples pictured
- Victor - new examples pictured.
June 11, 2011
- Moore - article completely rewritten.
June 7, 2011
- Eversharp - frame 15 divided into 15a and 15b, and text completely rewritten.
- Eversharp - frame 13 rephotographed and rewritten.
June 5, 2011
- Eversharp - frames 5 and 5a renumbered 3b and 3c; frames 5, 5a and 5b added; frames 1-5 edited.
June 4, 2011
- Eagle - Article completely rewritten
May 31, 2011
- Sheaffer - frame 2a added, fram 19 updated with new examples
- Fin-Sharp - relationship with Eclipse documented and article rewritten
May 29, 2011
Ajax - new examples added
Autopoint - several new early metal examples added
Chilton - new examples added
Conklin - frames 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, and 11
Craig - new article
De Witt-La France - several new photos added, along with the Broadway and Superite Jr.
Dunn - new article
Dur-O-Lite - Keen Point moved over to this page.
Eversharp - frames 8, 10, 10a, 34, 38, 49a
"The Executive" - new article
Frank- new article
Fox & Fox - new article
Gordon - new examples, better pictures, "Safer" included.
J. Harris - President and Arthington added
Holland - new examples added
Kemper Thomas - new article
Larsen - new article
Leadmaster - new article
Mabie Todd - the "Mabie Magazine Pencil" added
Monroe - new article
Mr. Peanut - new examples added
On the Level - new article
Parker - frames 3a, 6, 7, 11, 11a
"PATO" - a public service announcement for ebay sellers
Peerpoint - new article
Pencraft - new article
Righto - new article
Safer - added to the Gordon page
Safford Fifth Avenue - moved to Parker (frame 14) in light of recent research
Salz - Salrite moved to Salz page, additional examples shown
Selfeed - new examples added
Sheaffer - frames 13a, 21, 22, 23a
L.E. Waterman - substantially revised.
Worlds Fair Chicago 1933 - example.
Zaner-Bloser - new article
March 15, 2011
- Eversharp (frames 6, 6a, 9, 23, 42 and 47a)
- Sheaffer (frame 12)
- Listo (additional examples)
- Esterbrook (frame added for Pushmaster)
- Kemi (additional examples)
- Henber (additional examples)
- Bilt-Rite (new brand added)
- Hi-Speed (discovery of a connection between Hi-Speed and Presto)
- Selfeed (additional examples)
- De Witt-La France (post 1922 metal Superite advertising pencil added)
- Postal (additional example)
- Autopoint (metal pencil disassembled for viewing)
- Shur-Rite (ringtop with patent dates added)
- Salz (drawing a connection between the Manhattan, Nu-Point and Hi-Speed)
(click on pictures to enlarge)